Thursday, October 3, 2013

Trust and Rejoice

As these days go by, I increasingly become more aware of the Lord's hand in my life.  I have truly given Him my heart and soul and He has taken it from me with care and kindness and done something truly amazing with it.  He is giving it back to me piece by piece as it is mending.  My worries are no longer worries, as I know He has ultimate control over everything.  My day is lived in joy and happiness, rather than anger and resentment as I know His plan is far greater than anything I could have ever dreamt.  The things I have been through, the tragedy I have seen have all been a part of what has led me closest to Him.  He relishes in those times where He sees the darkest parts of our being.  It is there, that we are most desperate.  My experiences are much like everyone else's.  The story or circumstances may not be the same, but the feelings are all the same.  Whether your pain is caused by infertility, death, divorce, infidelity, financial struggles, insecurities, weight issues, etc., we all share such a similar feeling.  Most of us think that a person couldn't possibly understand what we are going through unless they have lived that particular experience themselves.  I know I certainly thought that.  I thought no one could possibly understand what it was like to lose a child in the manner I lost mine and know the feelings I've felt.  But God has taught me that that is simply not true.  All of us, every one, has suffered heart ache and misery in our life time.  When we sit back and think about our feelings, our true feelings they are almost all the same.  We all have experienced loss, pain, rejection, insecurity, feeling like we will never be good enough, wondering what we did to deserve this.  Every person I have spoken to since writing this blog that has talked in depth with me about their feelings has given me the knowledge and courage to say that we are all the same.  We are all God's children.  I am here to tell you that God wants you to talk to Him about how much you hurt.  He already knows it, but He wants to hear it from your lips.  He will help you.  You only have to reach out your hand and take His and He will lead you down the path of peace and salvation.  Our lives are not perfect and they are wrought with tragedy and heartache, but when we look to God first, we will find out that His plan is perfect.  We must trust in Him. 

Psalms 13: 1-6
~How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
~How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
~Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
~Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him: and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved
~But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
~I will sing unto the Lord, because He hath dealt bountifully with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment