Friday, August 9, 2013

Stamp of Approval

My final seal of approval came moments after publishing the last journal.  I picked up my phone to search on Instagram for the Jesus Calling devotional for the day.  All that came up were the ones from the day before, but the first one was a new one.  I read it and thought to myself, this cannot be.  It reads:

Don't be so hard on yourself, I can bring good even out of your mistakes.  Your finite mind tends to look backward, longing to undo decisions you have come to regret.  This is a waste of time and energy, leading only to frustration.  Instead of floundering in the past, release your mistakes to Me.  Look to Me in trust, anticipating that My infinite creativity can weave both good choices and bad into a lovely design.  Because you are human, you will continue to make mistakes.  Thinking that you should live an error-free life is symptomatic of pride.  Your failures can be a source of blessing, humbling you and giving you empathy for other people in weaknesses.  Best of all, failure highlights your dependence on Me.  I am able to bring beauty out of the morass of your mistakes.  Trust Me, and watch to see what I will do. 

Again, I am floored.  It really is as though God is speaking directly to me through this devotional.  I go get my book, so that I may take a better picture to post than the one on Instagram.  I open it to August 9.  It is not the devotional I just read.  It is about wearing His robe of righteousness.  I close the book without reading it, as I sit in disbelief.  I open it back and finish reading it.  I check today's date to make sure I am not looking at the wrong page.  I go back to my phone and their is the devotional posted a short time before with a different message.  This picture, though, was close up and did not show the date.  I can't believe what I am seeing.  In all of this, God finally got to a page in the book he didn't think fit me perfectly for what was happening right this moment.  So instead he sent me an Instagram.  How very high tech of Him.  I am posting the pic of the two, just so you can see I am not crazy hahaha!  This really is one wonderful ride!!



No comments:

Post a Comment